Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bug Out Philosophy



What's up TKZ'ers. Kris here, and I'm back with a couple more items I think everyone should have in their "Bug-Out Bag. Before I start though, I'd like to thank the guys for adding me to the staff for the website. I look forward to contributing more and more and also I'd like to apologize to you guys, the readers for slacking off on the Weapons Wednesday posts. I will be resuming those will full force this coming Wednesday and I will also post some weapons stuff this weekend.





The first thing I'd like to talk about is a compass. They are easy to find and easy to toss in your Go Bag. If your going to be one the move, this is a must have item. The one pictured above is a military compass and glowes in the dark. I highly recommended getting the glow in the dark option as you never know when your going to have to take off in a hurry. I also recommend having an atlas to work off of so you can know your surroundings and be able to locate near by towns and cities at all times. 

The next item on the list is just a simple striker flint that you can use to start a fire whether it be sunny, dark, raining or whatever mother nature throws out at you. You can never be too prepared. The main thing for my Go Bag is to keep it light and functional. I want to be able to move at any moment if need be. I don't want to be bogged down with big bulky items. Over the last few weeks I've come upon the realization that the real monster in any SHTF situation isn't going to be a zombie infestation. The main threat will be the other living breathing human beings that need and want what you have and will do anything they can to take it from you. Will you be prepared? Think about it and leave some comments below and let us know what you think. 

As always, Happy Hunting. TKZ OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment